Become an Educator

Become an Educator2019-02-01T13:15:15+00:00

Are you ready to turn your love of childcare into a full-time business? Country Children’s Early Learning allows childcare workers in rural NSW to run their own business from home, all while fulfilling their passion of shaping young minds.


Educator FAQ’s

I want to be an Educator, how do I apply?

You can either call our Office on (02) 6236 8305 or email your expression of interest including a brief description of your experience to  See also the Career Opportunities section on this website for more information.

Do I need any qualifications to be an Educator?

Country Children’s Early Learning requires that all Educators have, or be enrolled in a course that qualifies them for a minimum of Certificate III in Children’s Services.  In addition to that we will provide all Educators with training and ongoing professional development workshops that relate to the Care and Education of children.

How do I know that my home is appropriate for caring for children?

Country Children’s Early Learning will undertake a Home Safety Check to establish whether or not the home is clean, safe and will be an environment that children feel comfortable in.

If you believe that you may have issues with indoor and/or outdoor space (including access to outdoor play areas) or any other concerns, please detail these issues when making your application to become an Educator.

Will I need to register my own company?

No.  You can register a company if you wish, but most Educators operate as Self-Employed Contractors (also called Sole Traders) which means that you operate your own business in your own name.

However, you will need to obtain and Australian Business Number (ABN) and provide it to Country Children’s Early Learning.  You can register for an ABN online at  This service is free and will provide you with an ABN at the end of the online registration process.  Further information on considerations when starting a business, such as whether to operate as a Sole Trader, Company or other structure can be found at

What about taxation?

Educators are responsible for managing their business practices in accordance with Australian taxation laws and for establishing and maintaining their own business records.  Educators are encouraged to seek advice from an accountant in relation to record keeping.

Who pays superannuation?

Educators who are Self-Employed are responsible for paying their own superannuation.

For more information and enquires please contact us today


For all our latest news, offers and updates sign up to our e-newsletter or follow us on our Facebook pages

Country Children’s
Early Learning

Country Kids Club
Bungendore and Yass